This is an excellent plugin to help you add custom metaboxes to save your metadata. The user interface is very polished and all metaboxes are created from right within the WordPress Admin.
Fully customise WordPress edit screens with powerful fields. Boasting a professional interface and a powerful API, it’s a must have for any web deve.
Pods is a framework for creating, managing, and deploying customized content types and fields.
This is another excellent plugin, but is built with developers in mind. If you need to build something very advanced, and want to manage it from the WordPress dashboard, I recommend you dive into Pods. The developers are very responsive, and the documentation is excellent.
- Content types that evolve with your needs
- Create new content types
- Extend existing content types
- Use our field types, or make your own
- Relationships to rule the world with
- Easily display your content
- Customized Management Panels
- Optional Components to do even more
- Migrate to Pods, find out what you’ve been missing
- Plays well with others
Another advanced solution that will do a lot more than meta-data related fields
The complete and reliable plugin for managing custom post types, custom taxonomy and custom fields.
Custom Metaboxes and Fields (CMB for short) will create metaboxes and forms with custom fields that will blow your mind.
- Create metaboxes to be used on post edit screens.
- Create forms to be used on options pages.
- Create forms to handle user meta and display them on user profile add/edit pages.
- Flexible API that allows you to use CMB forms almost anywhere, even on the front-end.
- Several field types are included and are listed below.
- Custom API hook that allows you to create your own field types.
- There are numerous hooks and filters, allowing you to modify many aspects of the library (without editing it directly).
- Repeatable fields for most field types are supported, as well as repeatable field groups.
This code-only developer WordPress plugin allows you to add custom fields to your object types (post, pages, custom post types, users)
Another recommended library and is by the fine folks at Automattic, the people behind wordpress.com, so you know you’re in good hands.
Custom Meta Boxes is a framework for easily adding custom fields to the WordPress post edit page.
It includes several field types including WYSIWYG, media upload and dates . It also supports repeatable and grouped fields.
This project is aimed at developers and is easily extended and customised. It takes a highly modular, Object Orientated approach, with each field as an extension of the CMB_Field abstract class.
The framework also features a basic layout engine for fields, allowing you to align fields to a simple 12 column grid.